Pumex is looking to onboard an experienced Business Analyst as part of our software development team. The individual will be responsible for client/stakeholder communication, and will work closely with an international team of developers and testers. The ideal candidate,
- Strong proficiency and background in Salesforce development projects
- Experience supporting Agile Development processes.
- The ability to work with the End Client Stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of critical business requirements, defining workflows, and documenting platform change requirements.
- Eliciting requirements during interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and workflow analysis ensuring the right questions are asked to surface essential requirements information
- Collaborating with project managers and technical experts to present impacts and risks of the requirements gathered to appropriately frame choices for business owners
- Evaluating the information gathered and critically examining business units’ assumptions about their needs and processes, reconciles conflicts, and identifying opportunities for process innovation
- The ability to analyze data models to deliver logical conclusions
- Developing innovative solutions for operational and strategic changes
- Developing technical documents, visualizations, and presentations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with senior-level management regarding the implementation of changes
- Sound knowledge and expertise in evaluating the implications of changes
- Competence in writing reports and making presentations to highlight the effect of changes you made
- Performing assessment of complex requirements, and recommending technical solutions to improve customer service and identify process efficiencies
- Conducting user training and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Developing and delivering surveys and workshops as needed to educate or elicit information from the End Client.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in requirements elicitation, SDLC, and data analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science or other related fields.
- Experience working with tools like JIRA, Confluence, Visio, or other equivalent tools.
Nice to Have
- Experience in implementing NimbleAMS solutions
- Experience working with Trade, Professional Associations and/or Nonprofits
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for performing all functions in the software development lifecycle, with a focus on developing solutions for a variety of internally and externally focused systems. This full stack developer position will handle the front-end architecture and back-end programming along with performing cross-platform optimization for a variety of digital mediums (desktop, mobile, etc.), working on automation of scheduled jobs, free standing applications, web service consumption/ creation and assisting in the support of various database operations. Beyond their technical duties, they would be responsible for participating in planning and design efforts, leading or participating in technical discussions and requirements gathering. This hands-on position requires modern web application development experience and a wide variety of skills, many of which require at least some fluency in different key programming languages.
- Provides advanced front-end, back-end development and support for the client’s Association Management System (AMS), e-Commerce and database driven websites, and 3rd party web sites/services.
- Handles development and maintenance of internal and externally facing web applications and their interfaces with various databases or 3rd party systems
- Leads or participates in planning, design and development efforts, requirements gathering and unit/integration testing
- Performs functions across the software development cycle with a focus on designing, developing, implementing, deploying and supporting applications, including post-live.
- Redesigns and/or recodes existing programs/websites to increase performance, add new functionality, modernize the technology stack and/or increase code maintenance efficiency.
- At times, acts as the DSS lead with 3rd party vendors on co-development initiatives and opportunities.
- Utilizes analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the business areas and create software solutions
- Leads or participates in technical discussions with other DSS staff and business areas.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively across the DSS division and the clients business areas.
Creates scripts to automate scheduled or routine tasks as needed using scripting languages such as Powershell
- Track work in Github and use it as a key tool to maintain accurate source code control
- Develops and maintains application documentation for software applications
- Assists with upgrades to Association Management Software system and/or web-based content management systems
- Assists in release planning for updates and software release upgrades in collaboration with other resources.
- Provides end-user and daily production support including problem/root cause diagnosis, remediation, and documentation
- Performs web application/server troubleshooting as required
- Clearly explains how software applications/software solutions work, in a non-technical way, to the end user, and using exceptional communication skills, be able to answer any questions that may arise.
- Assesses the impact system changes and issues will have on integrated systems.
- Demonstrates the clients commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the execution of duties.
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of full stack development experience with both front-end and back-end skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Asp.net with web forms, c#, vb.net, mssql programming, visual studio, and SQL reporting services (added)
- Experience with key programming languages including CSS/HTML5/JS
- Development experience using Visual Basic; and must be proficient at developing user controls in VB.Net for AMS applications.
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Ability to perform advanced programming tasks. Assists in constructing relational database objects, programs web applications, integrate 3rd party applications, and extending CMS functionality
- MSSQL experience including the creation of moderate to complex database objects such as tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Familiarity with Windows servers (2019 and above) management including troubleshooting IIS, Windows services, and other events that impact the functioning of web or other applications.
- Ability to translate specifications into basic wireframes using software such as Balsamiq
- Familiar with development and workflow tools including Git
- Must possess creative and resourceful problem-solving skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to juggle multiple projects and switch programming languages depending on the project
- Must have strong written & verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively with all levels of staff. Collaboration is essential to develop robust applications
- Self-starting, assertive with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge with cloud stacks and service based architectures, such as Azure
- Knowledge of PCI focused secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) & knowledge of OWASP Top 10
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours & travel on behalf of the association as needed.
- BS/BA in computer science or a related field
Our direct client is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be a key member of our Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and supporting full-stack design, development, enhancement and support of new and existing modules for integrations and analytics components of our SaaS-based farm management platform. Our solutions encompass a broad range of mobile, web and loT technologies, bringing together operational data, financials and machine data to enable control, visibility and actionable insight into large-scale agriculture operations. This role requires the ability to conduct highly complex work with limited supervision and an extensive latitude for independent judgment. In addition, the Sr. Software Engineer may need to assist in mentoring less-experience software engineers. The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling high-volume, multi-tenant SaaS platforms and have a passion for innovation and making an impact in industry that is responsible for feeding the world.
What You’ll Do
The essential responsibilities for this role include:
* Align system architecture with our product vision and strategy
* Participate actively and contribute to agile sprint and technical planning
* Build and maintain third party Ag software integrations
* Develop scalable reporting and analytics APIs across multiple components to solve complex problems for our customers
* Optimize our data pipelines with a focus on scalability and observability
* Be a mentor for junior team members
* Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the teams processes and encouraging industry standard development practices
* Communicate effectively with different levels of management and different departments
* Stay in tune with advances in Ag-tech and new technologies
What You’ll Need
The core competencies and qualifications we’re looking for include:
* BS, Computer Science, Engineering or related field/experience
* 7+ years software development experience
* 3+ years experience with Python
* REST API and web development experience
* Working experience with databases like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL using persistence frameworks
* Strong experience with CI/CD tooling. Should be very comfortable with Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Circle CI or an equivalent tool
* Familiarity with AWS or an equivalent cloud platform
* Experience working with agile teams, and working with business users to gather, share and analyze requirements, designs and solutions
* Experience with the design and development distributed, event-based systems and tools
* Ability to independently analyze and troubleshoot problems with data and code throughout our systems
Nice-to-Have (Not Required)
* Experience with the Django or Celery libraries
* Hands-on experience building data processing/ETL pipelines
* Typescript experience
* Working knowledge of Java, Hibernate, and Spring
* Experience with geospatial data and practices
Our client, a leading non-profit in the D.C. metro region is looking for a Senior .NET Engineer to join their team in a remote capacity. This position develops & supports the clients websites, portals, and other web-based information systems under the oversight of the Solutions Architect.
- Design, develop, and implement new applications, APIs, SDKs, and other technologies that build the client’s technology and platform ecosystem and add value to the client’s customers, staff, and other stakeholders;
- Research and implement new methodologies/technologies which add value to the client’s technology and platform ecosystem by improving its lifespan, interoperability, security, and performance;
- Act as a technical member during the development cycle of applications and services by assisting in the production of MVP features, product personas, and other artifacts generated in the process;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems while helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization;
- Actively resolve defects and manage technical debt to maintain, upgrade, and otherwise ensure applications within the client’s technology and platform ecosystem are kept functional, secure, and resilient in order to minimize downtime and negative impact on client’s operations;
- Participate in feature and user story development, backlog refinement, and estimation/sizing activities as part of the teams’ Agile methodology;
- Work with infrastructure and security teams to develop, promote, and maintain a DevOps workflow; and
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, certification or equivalent in a related field;
- Three to five years of work experience in information technology or related field;
- Three to five years of experience writing software using the Microsoft .NET framework;
- Three to five years of experience working in Microsoft Visual Studio; and
- One to three years working with source-code management tools such as GitLab, TFS, VSTS, DevOps Server, or Bitbucket;
- At least one year of hands-on experience developing a cloud native application;
- Working knowledge of relational and/or dimensional database technologies; understanding of SQL objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, triggers;
- One to Three years of experience working in SCRUM or other agile development environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of secure web application, web server, database security principals;
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts/tools/architectures such as TDD, DevOps, CI/CD, containerization, and cloud platform development in Azure, AWS, or GCP;
- Awareness of PCI compliance and OWASP Top 10 guidelines.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Demonstrable diagnostic skill in solving operational and performance problems related to software development, software maintenance, and systems integration.
- Object oriented programming skills, especially extensibility, scalability, and reuse.
- Collaborative attitude – ability to work on a team and contribute to the team’s success.
- Organizational skills – ability to work on multiple projects and tasks.
- Attention to detail – ability to focus on the important parts of a project or task regardless of current workload.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Customer focus – knowing who the customer is and giving great service every customer.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions.
- Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design and project management which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Has no formal supervisory responsibility, though may provide regular work direction to other employees.
Our client, a leading non-profit in the D.C. metro region is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer to join their team in a remote capacity.
- Develop test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on business requirements and execute them
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- 3-5 years of Software Test QA experience
- Some experience in a lead capacity
- Knowledge and experience in testing complex web applications
- Extensive background in QA methodologies
- Experience with automation using Selenium, Cucumber or UFT.
- Experience with API testing using Postman or other similar tools.
- Experience with SQL