Our client, a leading non-profit in the D.C. metro region is looking for a Senior .NET Engineer to join their team in a remote capacity. This position develops & supports the clients websites, portals, and other web-based information systems under the oversight of the Solutions Architect.
- Design, develop, and implement new applications, APIs, SDKs, and other technologies that build the client’s technology and platform ecosystem and add value to the client’s customers, staff, and other stakeholders;
- Research and implement new methodologies/technologies which add value to the client’s technology and platform ecosystem by improving its lifespan, interoperability, security, and performance;
- Act as a technical member during the development cycle of applications and services by assisting in the production of MVP features, product personas, and other artifacts generated in the process;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems while helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization;
- Actively resolve defects and manage technical debt to maintain, upgrade, and otherwise ensure applications within the client’s technology and platform ecosystem are kept functional, secure, and resilient in order to minimize downtime and negative impact on client’s operations;
- Participate in feature and user story development, backlog refinement, and estimation/sizing activities as part of the teams’ Agile methodology;
- Work with infrastructure and security teams to develop, promote, and maintain a DevOps workflow; and
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, certification or equivalent in a related field;
- Three to five years of work experience in information technology or related field;
- Three to five years of experience writing software using the Microsoft .NET framework;
- Three to five years of experience working in Microsoft Visual Studio; and
- One to three years working with source-code management tools such as GitLab, TFS, VSTS, DevOps Server, or Bitbucket;
- At least one year of hands-on experience developing a cloud native application;
- Working knowledge of relational and/or dimensional database technologies; understanding of SQL objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, triggers;
- One to Three years of experience working in SCRUM or other agile development environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of secure web application, web server, database security principals;
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts/tools/architectures such as TDD, DevOps, CI/CD, containerization, and cloud platform development in Azure, AWS, or GCP;
- Awareness of PCI compliance and OWASP Top 10 guidelines.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Demonstrable diagnostic skill in solving operational and performance problems related to software development, software maintenance, and systems integration.
- Object oriented programming skills, especially extensibility, scalability, and reuse.
- Collaborative attitude – ability to work on a team and contribute to the team’s success.
- Organizational skills – ability to work on multiple projects and tasks.
- Attention to detail – ability to focus on the important parts of a project or task regardless of current workload.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to interact effectively, efficiently, and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Customer focus – knowing who the customer is and giving great service every customer.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude under stressful conditions.
- Works under general supervision with broadly defined work objectives.
- Makes decisions of some complexity regarding work design and project management which regularly impact the next organizational layer and may impact an organizational function.
- Work projects and products are subject to management review for content, quality and appropriateness.
- Has no formal supervisory responsibility, though may provide regular work direction to other employees.