The Senior Application Developer is responsible for performing all functions in the software development lifecycle, with a focus on developing solutions for a variety of internally and externally focused systems. This full stack developer position will handle the front-end architecture and back-end programming along with performing cross-platform optimization for a variety of digital mediums (desktop, mobile, etc.), working on automation of scheduled jobs, free standing applications, web service consumption/ creation and assisting in the support of various database operations. Beyond their technical duties, they would be responsible for participating in planning and design efforts, leading or participating in technical discussions and requirements gathering. This hands-on position requires modern web application development experience and a wide variety of skills, many of which require at least some fluency in different key programming languages.
- Provides advanced front-end, back-end development and support for the client’s Association Management System (AMS), e-Commerce and database driven websites, and 3rd party web sites/services.
- Handles development and maintenance of internal and externally facing web applications and their interfaces with various databases or 3rd party systems
- Leads or participates in planning, design and development efforts, requirements gathering and unit/integration testing
- Performs functions across the software development cycle with a focus on designing, developing, implementing, deploying and supporting applications, including post-live.
- Redesigns and/or recodes existing programs/websites to increase performance, add new functionality, modernize the technology stack and/or increase code maintenance efficiency.
- At times, acts as the DSS lead with 3rd party vendors on co-development initiatives and opportunities.
- Utilizes analysis and critical thinking skills to determine and assess the needs of the business areas and create software solutions
- Leads or participates in technical discussions with other DSS staff and business areas.
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively across the DSS division and the clients business areas.
Creates scripts to automate scheduled or routine tasks as needed using scripting languages such as Powershell
- Track work in Github and use it as a key tool to maintain accurate source code control
- Develops and maintains application documentation for software applications
- Assists with upgrades to Association Management Software system and/or web-based content management systems
- Assists in release planning for updates and software release upgrades in collaboration with other resources.
- Provides end-user and daily production support including problem/root cause diagnosis, remediation, and documentation
- Performs web application/server troubleshooting as required
- Clearly explains how software applications/software solutions work, in a non-technical way, to the end user, and using exceptional communication skills, be able to answer any questions that may arise.
- Assesses the impact system changes and issues will have on integrated systems.
- Demonstrates the clients commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the execution of duties.
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of full stack development experience with both front-end and back-end skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Asp.net with web forms, c#, vb.net, mssql programming, visual studio, and SQL reporting services (added)
- Experience with key programming languages including CSS/HTML5/JS
- Development experience using Visual Basic; and must be proficient at developing user controls in VB.Net for AMS applications.
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Ability to perform advanced programming tasks. Assists in constructing relational database objects, programs web applications, integrate 3rd party applications, and extending CMS functionality
- MSSQL experience including the creation of moderate to complex database objects such as tables, views, and stored procedures.
- Familiarity with Windows servers (2019 and above) management including troubleshooting IIS, Windows services, and other events that impact the functioning of web or other applications.
- Ability to translate specifications into basic wireframes using software such as Balsamiq
- Familiar with development and workflow tools including Git
- Must possess creative and resourceful problem-solving skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to juggle multiple projects and switch programming languages depending on the project
- Must have strong written & verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively with all levels of staff. Collaboration is essential to develop robust applications
- Self-starting, assertive with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge with cloud stacks and service based architectures, such as Azure
- Knowledge of PCI focused secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) & knowledge of OWASP Top 10
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours & travel on behalf of the association as needed.
- BS/BA in computer science or a related field
|Job Category||Health Care, Non-Profit|
|Telecommute||Hybrid / Remote for Right Candidate|