Our client is seeking a Senior Implementation Specialist to manage a multitude of large scale integration projects within the IT Operations department. The position will have matrixed responsibility to the IT Program Management Office to ensure compliance with the clients Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) standards and participate in the Application Project Planning where the services of IT Operations are required to coordinate and deliver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management support for integrated implementations within the IT Operations and Services area.
- Provide hands-on project management and actively manage project plans, deliverables, dependencies, outcome and stakeholder communications for assigned projects within the agreed upon timeframe and guidelines.
- Create, update and facilitate the execution of project work plans using Planview, including identification of resources needed and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Prepare communication plans and related project status reports to key stakeholders to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies.
- Define and manage overall change control processes and validation aspects of the project to ensure project success.
- Establish, manage and motivate teams dedicated to each project to meet expected deliverables and timelines.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 10+ years of professional IT experience.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with IT Service Management methodology.
- PMP or ITIL Certification desired.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the legal right to work in U.S.
- Demonstrated experience in the managing and delivering integrated IT projects.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project (Project Management Software).
- Strong experience with Planivew .
Who We Are:
Pumex Computing is now in its sixth year of business, and we are growing at a phenomenal rate, www.pumex.com. Our company was started because we saw an opportunity to bring core values that are often overlooked in the IT services industry. We believe in creating an employee-centric, value-based organization that puts employee and customer satisfaction at the top of our priorities. I read a great quote from Richard Branson, and I’m paraphrasing a bit here, “If you take care of your employees and care about their happiness, they will care about keeping your customers happy.” That is the type culture we are looking to create within our company.
A few of our key accomplishments to this point:
- Increased revenue every year since we started the company
- Established loyal and fantastic clients in the non-profit & trade association markets.
- Recently started a managed services line of business to expand the services we provide.
- Achieved our 8(a) Minority Disadvantaged Business Certification
- Will be releasing a SaaS based ETL Product by end of 2021
Pumex Computing has the ability to do custom software development and staff augmentation, both outsourced and sourced here in the US. We have resources in pretty much every major technology out there, including a few not listed below:
– Agile Softwared Development
– DevOps, Automation, and IV&V
– Infrastructure Architecture and Management
– Salesforce and Appian Development
– Mobile applications – iOS, Android, and Windows
– Cloud Architecture and Migration
– Business Process Analysis
– CIO/CTO Consulting and Support
– Managed IT Services
Who you are:
An Inspired Contract IT Project Manager – We are looking for a Project Manager with 5 or more years of experience in the information technology realm. It would be preferred the right candidate have experience managing website development projects. Daily activities and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes program and project requirements to collaboratively define program and project scope, goals, objectives and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, to support client business goals
- Has experience overseeing development, gathering requirements, and managing new Website implementations.
- Works with Vendor to define project success and acceptance criteria and approvals, communicating them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle
- Develops, maintains, revises, and distributes project management plans for assigned IT programs, projects and initiatives, accounting for internal and external dependencies and resource and schedule constraints
- Plans and develops full-scale project plans, schedules and milestones using appropriate tools
- Regularly updates schedule and resource allocations, providing timely escalation and visibility
- Plans, directs, manages and executes program and project development and implementation from initiation through closeout, according to strict deadlines and budgetary constraints
- Develops, validates, tracks, analyzes and keeps the 3rdparty vendor to project budgets, recommending subsequent budget changes, when necessary
- Approves project invoices in accordance with delegation of authority, technical project accomplishments, and contract(s)
- Establishes and implements program and project communication plans and deliverables
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical paths
- Tracks, validates and reports status of project milestones and deliverables to project, business and senior leadership stakeholders
- Supports successful project delivery by actively participating in defining, developing, documenting, implementing, and communicating standardized project management processes, procedures, and practices for the entire project lifecycle
- Establishes, manages, and effectively communicates project expectations with team members and other stakeholders in a timely, intuitive manner
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifying risks and devising mitigation and contingency plans
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team
- Leads, coaches, and motivates project team members and contracted personnel, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Expert ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including status reports; project summaries; scoping documents; staff and executive presentations; workshops or training; lessons learned; and other project-related documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Aptitude to analyze problems and provide solutions in a time sensitive environment
- Proven ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and successfully
- In depth knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle required; experience with Scrum or other Agile methods is preferred
- Experience in writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and in using MS Office products
- PMP Certification and other certifications like Agile Scrum Master are a nice to have.