Our client is seeking a Senior Implementation Specialist to manage a multitude of large scale integration projects within the IT Operations department. The position will have matrixed responsibility to the IT Program Management Office to ensure compliance with the clients Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) standards and participate in the Application Project Planning where the services of IT Operations are required to coordinate and deliver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management support for integrated implementations within the IT Operations and Services area.
- Provide hands-on project management and actively manage project plans, deliverables, dependencies, outcome and stakeholder communications for assigned projects within the agreed upon timeframe and guidelines.
- Create, update and facilitate the execution of project work plans using Planview, including identification of resources needed and assignment of individual responsibilities.
- Prepare communication plans and related project status reports to key stakeholders to provide project updates on activities and deliverables, as well as risks and mitigation strategies.
- Define and manage overall change control processes and validation aspects of the project to ensure project success.
- Establish, manage and motivate teams dedicated to each project to meet expected deliverables and timelines.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 10+ years of professional IT experience.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with IT Service Management methodology.
- PMP or ITIL Certification desired.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the legal right to work in U.S.
- Demonstrated experience in the managing and delivering integrated IT projects.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project (Project Management Software).
- Strong experience with Planivew .
|Telecommute||Hybrid (4 office, 1 remote)|
|Visa||Citizen, GC Only|