Our client has joined together with one of its competitors to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, they are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners — in the car, at home, and on the go.
You are responsible for building and maintaining the service that supports Voice interactions across our native mobile applications and third-party devices. As a team, we work closely with Product Management and Data Science partners to implement innovative features and measure their impact
- Be comfortable working in a distributed team, in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a collaborative attitude and love working with others to find elegant solutions to complex problems, always keeping the end-user in mind
- Have a solid foundation in Java development and be comfortable building services at scale
- Are familiar with cloud software deployment and monitoring tools and are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Contribute code to level up voice service business logic and APIs.
- Write unit and integration tests and advise Quality Engineering on acceptance tests
- Demonstrate working software during in-person and/or virtual meetings with stakeholders
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to SCRUM meetings
- Lead or contribute to investigations and discussions with other developers, product management, designers, data scientists, and talent curator/creator personnel as a representative of the voice team
- Write documentation both for consumers of the API as well as for team members also working on the services
- Perform service deployment, maintenance activities and respond to production issues as needed.
- Mentor and train new team members or more junior engineers
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Creative writing ability
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- 5+ years development experience with a focus on microservice development
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available, highly performant, and maintainable internet computing (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON)
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, design patterns, and their impacts on application concurrency and scalability.
- Experience collaborating with data scientists, exposure to machine learning algorithms, and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Experience with Voice platforms or Natural Language Processing technologies
- Experience with anomaly detection, analysis of high-volume metrics, recommender, or search systems.
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field