Who We Are:
Pumex Computing is now in its sixth year of business, and we are growing at a phenomenal rate, www.pumex.com. Our company was started because we saw an opportunity to bring core values that are often overlooked in the IT services industry. We believe in creating an employee-centric, value-based organization that puts employee and customer satisfaction at the top of our priorities. I read a great quote from Richard Branson, and I’m paraphrasing a bit here, “If you take care of your employees and care about their happiness, they will care about keeping your customers happy.” That is the type culture we are looking to create within our company.
A few of our key accomplishments to this point:
- Increased revenue every year since we started the company
- Established loyal and fantastic clients in the non-profit & trade association markets.
- Recently started a managed services line of business to expand the services we provide.
- Achieved our 8(a) Minority Disadvantaged Business Certification
- Will be releasing a SaaS based ETL Product by end of 2021
Pumex Computing has the ability to do custom software development and staff augmentation, both outsourced and sourced here in the US. We have resources in pretty much every major technology out there, including a few not listed below:
– Agile Softwared Development
– DevOps, Automation, and IV&V
– Infrastructure Architecture and Management
– Salesforce and Appian Development
– Mobile applications – iOS, Android, and Windows
– Cloud Architecture and Migration
– Business Process Analysis
– CIO/CTO Consulting and Support
– Managed IT Services
Who you are:
An Inspired IT Business Analyst – We are looking for a Business Analyst with 3 or more years of experience in the information technology realm. It would be preferred the right candidate have experience in capturing and writing functional requirements for software projects. Daily activities and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with product owners to understand the overall business problem to be solved with end picture in mind and develop product backlog items.
- Develop user stories, use cases, flow charts and relevant artifacts to convey scope of work.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- SQL / Database Knowledge + Ability to query complex SQL’s.
- Statistical Analysis / Machine learning experience a plus
- Ability to manage and work with data that involves some complex transformations
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights to stakeholders, coordinate with management, and prioritize your effort.
- Negotiate with product owners and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Assist with Sprint testing and user acceptance testing when needed.
- Support project initiatives, including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, and working with business users.
- Work with the Training team to identify and assist in the development of training requirements for the delivery of all system projects to include “train the trainer” requirements and the necessary training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years in a business analysis role
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Aptitude to analyze problems and provide solutions in a time sensitive environment
- Proven ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and successfully
- In depth knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle required; experience with Scrum or other Agile methods is preferred
- Experience in writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and in using MS Office products
- Experience with SQL a must.
- Experience in creating reports a plus.
Has vision: If you grow with us, you will be rewarded. The idea is for this position not grow into great responsibilities, such as becoming a BA Lead and overseeing the BA team or moving into Project Management opportunities.
Additionally, the right candidate will be required to have high speed internet access, reliable phone service, and a computer to access our cloud based systems.
First Year Expectations:
As a company, we are big into metrics and goal setting. Below are a few examples of metrics we will look to track as part of your ongoing efforts.
- Successful capture of all relevant requirements on the assigned projects
- Limiting the number of avoidable client change requests
Pumex compensation increase and advancement opportunities are then tied directly to meeting or exceeding the metrics and goals we set. Our philosophy is that salary increases and advancement should be based on metrics based performance numbers which you can track with your manager.
Where we are going:
Ultimately our long term strategy includes, utilizing our Mentor Protégé Program and Business Development Team to move further into the Federal space and assessing gaps within markets to create additional business or consumer applications.
If the idea of being a part of a small company and helping grow it into a large company is exciting to you, then send us your resume, cover letter, and example of technical proposal writing to discuss the value you believe you bring to the position.