Posted 1 month ago
Our client is looking for an inspired IT Business Analyst with 4+ or more years of experience in the information technology realm. It would be preferred the right candidate has experience in capturing and writing functional requirements for software projects. Daily activities and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with product owners to understand the overall business problem to be solved with end picture in mind and develop product backlog items.
- Develop user stories, use cases, flow charts and relevant artifacts to convey scope of work.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- SQL / Database Knowledge + Ability to query complex SQL’s.
- Ability to manage and work with data and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights to stakeholders, coordinate with management, and prioritize your effort.
- Negotiate with product owners and customers on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Assist with Sprint testing and user acceptance testing when needed.
- Support project initiatives, including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, and working with business users.
- Work with the Training team to identify and assist in the development of training requirements for the delivery of all system projects to include “train the trainer” requirements and the necessary training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 4+ years in a business analysis role
- Knowledge of D365 applications preferred
- Knowledge and prior QA experience in Azure cloud environment
- Knowledge of MS-SQL Database
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Aptitude to analyze problems and provide solutions in a time sensitive environment
- Proven ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and successfully
- In depth knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle required; experience with Scrum or other Agile methods is preferred
- Experience in writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and in using MS Office products
- Experience with SQL a must.
- Experience in creating reports a plus.