The ICE Voice Engineer will be part of a global team responsible for the global corporate voice infrastructure and will have a shared responsibility to provide 1st/2nd and 3rd line technical support to both local and global offices. The role offers opportunities to be involved in many projects that are both local and global initiatives. The role is also very diverse and will provide exposure to the latest technologies in voice recording, call center, call manager and many other areas covering voice architecture.
This position requires technical proficiency as well as an eager attitude, professionalism, and solid communication skills. The candidate must be highly motivated engineer with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The candidate must also be a self-starter and a quick learner who is not afraid to ask questions. Furthermore they must also be proactive in troubleshooting and be able to resolve problems quickly.
- Teamwork: works well with teammates locally and at remote offices; shares knowledge and is seen as someone to go to for help; contributes in weekly peer meetings
- Problem solving and decision making: demonstrates a sense of urgency; takes ownership of problems and follows temporary fixes with permanent solution; finds creative solutions. Improves processes and introduces superior technology
- Communication: is clear and accurate in verbal and written communication; listens to peers and supported employees; follows directions and provides useful feedback
- Professionalism: makes a positive impression in person, via phone, and electronically; models a ‘can-do’ attitude; embraces additional responsibility; refrains from office gossip or conflict; works extra hours as-needed to ensure work is complete; adheres to corporate policy and encourages others to do the same
Some of the main core duties are listed below. More detail will be provided to successful candidates that progress to the first round of interviews.
- Perform day to day MACD. This includes provisions for new starters/leavers and office relocations.
- Provide day to day tier 1/2/3 technical support for both local and remote offices.
- Provide Out Of Hours support on an on-call roster/rotation basis
- Plan, test and implement upgrades and fixes to all voice platforms including call managers/voice gateways/Unity Connection and UCCX.
- Work with telephone providers to configure provision and test new circuits and DDI numbers.
- Work with other internal teams and external vendors to diagnose and troubleshoot circuit, network and application issues.
- CUCM 9/11 Administration and support including cluster maintenance, monitoring , troubleshooting
- Cisco Voice gateway configuration, 2800/3800 series and newer
- Unity Connection configuration and administration
- Documents and effectively publishes how-to, installation and troubleshooting guides
Required core skills & experience:
- Minimum of 3 years exposure in a medium to large sized organization supporting a Cisco IPT environment. (we need junior to mid-level engineer, not senior)
- Implementation and troubleshooting MGCP/SIP/CUBE deployments. The candidate should be comfortable with obtaining logs and performing debugs when required.
- Must have experience with circuit provisioning including ISDN/E1/T1 and SIP circuits.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of VoIP, RTP, SIP, MGCP and H.323 and call flow.
- Excellent knowledge of configuring CUCM CSS, partitions, call routing and dial plan implementations. Previous experience of transitioning to E.164 is a big bonus.
- Previous experience of implementing and upgrading Cisco Call manager V8 or higher is required.
- Must be very confident using Cisco BAT.
- Prior experience and understanding of backups and restores including DRS
- Good knowledge of monitoring and reporting the overall IPT infrastructure. Experience with SNMP monitoring/analytics and CDR record management is a big bonus.
- Confident with Microsoft Office in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to working with SLA’s and a corporate ticketing system such as Service Now/Remedy/Heat
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects with little supervision.
- Exposure to DHCP
- CCNP Voice/Collaboration must
- UCCX V9 Administration, technical support and scripting
- Exposure to Cisco UCS – B and C series servers
- Linux Redhat must
- Exposure to working with SLA’s and a corporate ticketing system such as Service Now/Remedy/Heat.
- Windows 2008/2012 server installation and administration.
- VMWare must
- University degree in Engineering, IT, computing or related discipline