Under limited supervision, the Staff Developer in Test assists in ensuring the quality of software products by developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and responsible for overall quality of the product throughout the software development life cycle.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
- Involvement in automation architecture design.
- Create test plans.
- Create and execute test cases based on test strategies and test plans.
- Participate in reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Identify project risks and assist with development of mitigation strategies.
- Execute and create load and performance tests solutions.
- Possess domain expertise in the project involved.
- Manual test execution.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and 3 years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation; or equivalent training and/or work experience.
- Firm grasp of testing process, test types and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object oriented design.
- Experience with programming in Java (preferred), C , C#, or Ruby.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Firm grasp of SQL and relational database design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with the Unix/Linux environment.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment.
- Occasional travel and extended hours may be required.